The 12 Rules to Care for Virgin Human Hair Extensions.
1. Brush hair starting from bottom to top, before bed and before washing to ensure there are no natural occurring tangle caused by wind or friction.
2. Do not brush wet hair as that is when hair follicles are most vulnerable.
3. Use an Organic and Sulfate free shampoo. (Sulfate strips hair of natural oils) It's vital that you use a NO SULFATE SHAMPOO to avoid drying the hair out.
4. To avoid damaging the hair extensions, the cuticles and your scalp, only wash with warm water.
5. Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction.
6. Rinse between each wash and wash only 1-2 times.
7. Whilst wet, add 2-3 drops of natural oil such as100% Almond or Coconut by gently applying it evenly over the hair, these oils will penetrate the cuticles and add moisture to hair extensions.
8. Natural oils do the work of most conditioners without the added chemicals and silicones, natural is always best.
9. Finally, lower the shower head an rinse your hair (not scalp) with cold water. This is known as an Arctic Rinse. It will close the cuticles to lock in the moisture and nutrients from the oil in, leaving you with nutrient rich hair extensions.
10. Let you hair air-dry at home, take 2-3 hours to wash and naturally dry your hair. Do not use heat, as this will swell and dry your strands out.
11. Apply a small amount of Argan , Almond or Coconut oil 2-3 times a week or when required. Argan oil is a great finishing oil for styling and frizz, however it's a dry oil and does not moisturize the hair as well as Almond or Coconut oil.
12. For long lasting hair extensions, moisturize your hair as you do your skin. It makes perfect sense.